Welcome to Reading @ the beach - 2009

Image acknowledgment to http://lindaminkowski.com/paintings/people6.jpg

Blue skies, warm sands, soft sea breezes, a chilled glass of wine and a great book…what a way to spend a summer day!!!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Stella Star

By Brigid Feehan Scholastic ISBN 1869436741

This was one of the last books left for me to read from my Natlib haul and it was with great trepidation and resignation that I finally picked it up to read, amazed at my self sacrifice and deligence to explore new material for the female students. A girly, woozy cover -Yick.

Well it wasn't too bad after all. Stella, at age 13, experiences changes and challenges over summer school holidays with family and friends. It was worth the read to find the section Brigid wrote re: Weird things about the Sutton parents. (Stellas neighbours) Particularly the description of Mrs Suttons lap. I found this delightfully funny and even laughed out loud!

I am sure young pre teen girls would enjoy this book and one I would recommend to them.

Oh yes - I got book 2 Maybe Stella in my bag too. OK, ok. I'll read it as well.

No comments: